St. James School has a long-standing tradition of providing a well-rounded education in a Catholic setting for 150+ years. The first St. James School building was erected in 1866 just west of the present structure. (The original structure remains at that location today as a private residence.) A convent/school housing grades 1-12 was built in 1901 on the site, which currently serves as the south parking lot. The present school was dedicated in 1957 with four religious sisters teaching grades 1-8. The current staff continues to maintain the tradition of providing high quality academic programming while guiding students in grades preschool through fifth as they develop into life-long learners of their Christian Faith.